IWORK4ME believes that self employment is an appropriate occupational outcome for many who would not have considered this as a possibility.
Furthermore, we seek to develop the understanding of what makes good practice and innovation in supported self employment.
IWORK4ME is set up for the benefit of adults who require additional support to become self employed and at the moment the charity has a focus on autism spectrum conditions.
The charity’s support services are currently restricted to adults in Scotland, however the creation of online forums and continual development of our website means that we are able to offer a degree of support to those further afield.
Advice and information is made available to anyone with an interest in supported self employment.
The objectives of the charity are:
- To be a voice for supported self-employment in Scotland.
- To raise awareness of the possibility and advantages of self-employment for people with ASC.
- To provide a range of direct services which support self-employment.
- To provide systems of on-going support after the business has been established.
- To facilitate a network of people with autism who are self-employed.
- To contribute to the knowledge base of good practice in supported self-employment.
- To raise funds to achieve these activities.